Saturday, March 8, 2014

Enough Already!

Now I have to say right off the bat, I am so glad that this is a Saturday and I do not have to go anywhere.  It is a day to be a slug at home and enjoy the morning coffee, do some online grocery shopping for delivery tomorrow and just putter around the apartment.  One reason I am so happy about this is that the rain has returned once again.  Yes, we are but a week into the month of March and we have had more rain in the last week than we usually have for the entire month of March.
Please note, I am not complaining in the least.  It is just that where does all that water go?  I have been watching the news and the rivers are flooding and land slides continue to haunt the stretch of train tracks between Everett and Seattle.  Oh we need the moisture in that we had some dry months during the winter which is but 12 days from fading into history, but now we have kind of gone overboard.  I read that up in the Cascades they have had 105" of snow in the past three weeks.  That is just crazy.  But boy will it be good for us come the summer months.  I still feel bad for the people down in California.  They got blasted with one storm and then the dry weather is back in full force.  It is days like today that I just turn off the TV and listen to the rain and doze off to a fine afternoon's nap.  That is on pare but for now I think a grilled tuna fish sandwich is in order.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment