Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thursday Thoughts

You know it is amazing to see the way drivers feel the need to make it a race to get to work.  I used to buy into it all the tie and the aggression that built up in me by the time I got to the office was amazing.  A few months ago when I decided I was going to stay in my apartment, I knew something had to give.  So, I began taking deep breaths and allowing more time to commute plus I decided to not buy into the race game. 

Well, it has now been a few months and I am actually enjoying my commute to the office and home again.  I discovered an alternative route home from the office and it does involve a toll on 520, but the $2.95 or $3.70 depending on the time I cross seems to be worth it in that the trip is 5 miles less than using I-90 and I-5 and it is more scenic.  Heck, even yesterday when I had to go I-90 to pick up a couple of prescriptions, I opted to exit off I-5 and head home via 520 and then up 35th Avenue.  By the time I go home I was calm and collected.
_________________________________________________

In other thoughts, I think I have shared that I enjoy watching The Colbert Report and The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.  I usually watch them the following day at 7pm on Comedy Central.  Last night's repeats of Tuesday's shows were pretty good.  But I was on facebook earlier and this photo caught my eye and so speaks to why I like these guys.
How true is this statement.  I do love the way they take a lot of the clips from Fox News Channel and tie them together to show how insane they can be.  The way that the network seems to take a "statement of the day" and repeats it over and over again, somehow thinking it will become the truth.  I am stunned when I hear from people I know that they actually buy the Fox New Channel Kool-Aid!
________________________________________________

And finally, I am just so over getting my mail.  It has gotten to the point it is now only once every three weeks or so.  Yes, it is crazy in that it used to be a daily practice.  Then about 3-4 years ago it became a weekly thing and now, it is just a pile of junk.  Mind you, last night I stopped and took out a mailbox full of stuff.  Once upstairs, I sorted it out.  We are talking a full bag of mail.  Out of that there were 7 items that were kept to look at.  From that - 3 items were kept.  How sad is that.  If I could get them to just stop leaving all the junk mail I could almost stop checking the mail box at all.  How things have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment