Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Last Full Day Of Winter = Soup

Tonight I got very inspired and made Italian Wedding soup from scratch.  (Spoiler alert - the picture is off the internet, mine did not have carrots)  Oh sure I had a can of Progresso in the cabinet, but I had time on my hands and a need to clean out the frig.  I did take liberties and opted to not use carrots (did not have any) nor dill (do not like it) but overall in just over an hour I had a mighty fine soup that will be serving me both lunch and dinner tomorrow in addition to dinner tonight.  I do think I used more spinach than most, but I do love it and yes I did use commercial chicken stock that was not made from scratch.  Like I said, cleaned out the frig of stuff that needed using up.  Do not like to throw out perfectly good food.
It's funny, last weekend I was looking at what I had in the kitchen and thought I should do a grocery shop, but instead challenged myself to use what I had to tie me over for the week and from the looks of things I will be just fine.  There will be another lunch of soup and I have a few other things to use up this week, but by the end of the week I will have done a good cleansing of the cabinets and frig and can restock for the spring.
 
Chatted with Damon last night and this morning.  He is getting excited about heading to Las Vegas on Monday.  6 weeks in Mississippi may have proven a tad much for him.  But hey, it was his choice and so we move on.  Thinking he may be up in time for his birthday on May 3rd.  That would be fun to have some people over to celebrate and it would make him feel more at home I believe.  We shall see how his Lazick surgery goes.
 
I began a good spring cleaning of stuff in the apartment a few weeks ago and have been going room by room and drawer by drawer.  Just about finished.  The big project will be the books and that will be tackled once Damon arrives.  Going to go through and make a list of what I have that is going out the door for future reference if I want to read via online, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment