Sunday, March 23, 2014

Perspectives Are Personal

OK, so this just amused me when I saw it on facebook.  It's funny and I do love finding gems like this on facebook.  At the same time I seem to be having this love/hate relationship with facebook.  For the most part people go in and share a post or two and move on with their day.  But oh my goodness, there are a few who post 12-20 different things a day.  It gets to be just insane at times.  Recently, I deleted three people as friends and really do not think they have noticed.  I do not need to hear about every detail of your day and enough of the article reposts over and over again. 

Granted, this may just be my personal perspective, but I do not need to know your body function schedule or every time you go out on a patio to see pictures of the same thing over and over again.  A plant can only grow so fast.  And seriously, do I really need to see a picture of your latest purchase of underwear?  In the past week it has been about RV mechanics and stomach problems in Mexico - WAY TOO MANY DETAILS!  I have gotten to know all about a walk through the city of Vancouver at night complete with a dozen pictures of the same thing.  I post to facebook from time to time and that is just what it will be and I continue the conversation about dropping off completely, but there are people I only communicate with via facebook. 

Now, granted, I have this blog and do post a wide variety of items to it, but I do have a filter of sorts so as to not offend anyone, at least intentionally.  The decision for a friend or family member to pop in and read this is theirs alone and I don't put it out there for the masses.  I do find it amusing at times and there are times I share when the frustration gets to be too much.  The span of emotions does swing a big arch here. 

And so therein is the question...Am I doing  exactly what others are doing that makes me go crazy?  Not really.  My blog is a very personal thing and has a limited audience.  On facebook, you not only get to see postings by your friends, but then all the added comments that go along with it and the extra postings therein and let's not forget how all the ads are not popping into the stream of comments.  That is very annoying.  OK, so I have been on my stump for a while and will step down.  Sadly, I have not reached a conclusion, but it will happen at some point.  Happy Sunday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment