Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Journey One Pound At A Time

Needless to say, weight has been a challenge for the better part of my life. I have tried just about every diet there is and get frustrated. I have always been trying to loose weight for someone else, but not for me. Well, earlier this year I had a few internal messages tell me I had to do something. They were not good messages and so I talked to my doctor and began quietly to work at the weight. Let me tell you there is a lot to work at. Dropped the majority of carbs and hello protein and fats plus 20 units of carbs a day. Bye-bye to sodas, chips, ice cream, and pasta plus bread. And today I went to weigh in as I do every two weeks. It is the journey, not the numbers. But you do need to pause every once in a while and catch your breath.Today was such a day. Yes, the clothes are getting more roomy and I can feel a change, but the stomach tells me otherwise. It is truly a case of I am my father. The initial weight is coming off my legs and backside. As I sat and talked to John, my doctor, he stated that this is not unusual and that for the next few months a cane may be in order to create a triad of balance and to relieve some of the stress on my legs. It is a case of being the artichoke pit with the tooth picks stuck in. So sometimes you have to take two steps forward and one step back to get somewhere. Today, I am 52 pounds lighter than when I started. But it is a heck of a relief, now let's keep this going.

No comments:

Post a Comment