Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Joy Of A Note

It was a delight to receive an actual hand written note this day from a good friend. Markie, Helene and my sister, Janet, are among those that write Thank You notes. They have told me that I inspired them to do so. Sadly, for the past couple of years I have fallen into the majority and have stopped writing to people.

When I got my mail, it was a collection of sales fliers, offers for credit cards, catalogs and requests for donations. Plus, one envelope that glowed as it was hand written. I am going to make a commitment right here and now that by the end of the month I will be sending out notes and cards again to dear friends and family. Just in time to do my time honored custom of Christmas-New Year Cards. I like to send them the day after Christmas as it is then when we have time to pause and read after the holiday rush. Happy Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment