Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It Was Just One Of Those Days

There are days that you know you should just roll over and go back to bed. But no, I did not do that, I got up and headed to the office. For those that know Seattle, I hop on I-90 and head east across Lake Washington and take the first exit onto Mercer Island and make my way to Starbuck's if I did not make breakfast at home.

Well, I was out of coffee and since I am heading south this week, I will Starbuck for a couple of days. Had my banana with me. Grabbed a "artisan" breakfast sandwich. What is so artisan about it other than the price! Well, it ties me over to lunch. Get to the office and there are problems from the moment I sit down in my chair. I swear it is going to be fun to be out of range for email and cell later and see just how many times things stumble. Granted, I don't want to see it happen, but dang it, people use your head!

Between calendar issues to people canceling on trips and feeling they should not get dinged the $100 cancel fee. Hello, it is printed clear. Then came not one, but two conference calls with staff. Decided to be a nice guy and treated the local office to Fatburger. If you have not been, you should treat yourself. They have turkey burgers. YUM!

Then it happens, I have to sit through a sucked call of Mark, me and Barb. It was the saddest waster of time - seriously, over an hour over two words in an email that she totally blew out of proportions. I even apologized and yet it was not enough. What did she want? Seriously. She started crying and seriously, I was stunned. WTF? I finally gave up and left. I could hear her still pleading her case as Barb is so good at. Well, I am not sure what happened, but she left crying with her sunglasses on. Oh well, maybe I will not have to deal with her again.

Yes, I am blunt and sometimes say the wrong thing, but I do not usually do it with malice. I do it because I am an elephant in a china shop. I am such a Sag. I go along and take a lot and then blow up and move on. I often don't remember it the next day, but oh that is not the case for others. They hold it and let is simmer and swirl and then hell will be paid. OY! Why not share, oh two weeks ago, that you were upset and let's talk it out.

So I was now way behind schedule and had to get funding requests in plus an overview of the admin staff plus a follow-up summary of the events from the 16th which we are judging. By 6:40pm I was driving across Lake Washington on 520 and look down to see the yellow gas pump telling me I am about to run out of gas. Oh Great. Well, I did not and got to stop by and see Jodie and drop off a little Easter surprise and then it was on the road home. Dinner was baked chicken thighs and potato. YUMMERS! Exhausted and now I am sitting here ready for a good night's sleep. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment