Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Vacation Begins - Breakfast

This is Judy, a dear friend who is battling cancer and was wonderful enough to take time out of her day to join me at Jake's Grill for breakfast. She opted for the classic Eggs Benedict.

They have quite the menu at Jake's no matter whether it is for breakfast, lunch or dinner and they print them fresh each day. Wowzers! Judy arrived with her son William as Susie was delayed on another errand and would join us later.

Here is Judy and Susie together. They have been friends for like forever. Susie has been quite helpful in keeping us updated on her condition in real terms and just recently got remarried and is settling down in southeast Portland.

I decided to go for their biscuits & gravy. I have never ordered it before and while tasty, it was weird that the biscuits are served on the side and not under the gravy. Yes, I had to go and order a side of bacon. Guilty as charged.

And here is a close up of the two of them. It was not until I was doing this posting I realized I did not get a picture with Judy. But oh the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment