Sunday, June 30, 2013

Grillin' Time

Last Tuesday I went down for dinner at Markie's place and it was quite a lovely evening in the end, but did not start out that way.  We had a MASSIVE storm hit that night out of the blue right about rush hour and what a mess. Instant flooding and the lightening. I was driving from my place down to Markie's. When I left my place it was bright and sunny, even had the sunglasses on. By the time I got downtown, the glasses were off and the skies grew darker. The storm hit just as I was getting near his place.

Running from the car to his house - and folks we are talking not even 500 feet - I was drenched and ready for a cocktail.  We had not seen each other for a couple of weeks and there was a lot to catch up on.  Well, he proceeded to give me my house warming gift.  Yes, a grillin' sheet.  It will be getting broken in on the new grill.
He had planned to grill and have dinner out back on the deck. Plans changed. While we ended up eating inside, he did somehow manage to dodge the rain drops and grill up the dinner out back.  We enjoyed grilled veggies plus a variety of sausages, lamb, chicken and enjoyed a bottle of wine. His friend Josh joined us and so there was some fresh made bread as well. A salad of greens and tomatoes was simple and yet a perfect addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment