Saturday, June 29, 2013

Guest Photos

Hi Ho to all...it is Saturday and oh am I a happy camper in so many ways.  Did not have to deal with a commute this day and there is not a lot of chores to get done this weekend.  Damon will be here in a few hours and that will be fun.  Over the past week I have gotten travel photos from a couple of people and so today, I am turning over my blog space to their point of view.  Enjoy.
This is Michael.  He is on his first road trip and having a blast.  I was particularly taken by his infatuation with lighting bugs in that when I went to visit friends in Kentucky I was mesmerized by them.  Funny how such a simple thing can be so festive.  I do think they bring out the inner child in all of us.  This picture was taken at the Omaha Zoo.  He was quite impressed with it and who knew it was so expansive.
Michael took this lovely photo of dinner on the back patio at the home of a high school friend and his wife who live in Omaha area.  It is so bright and cheerful, I decided to add it to the posting and since I am a foodie it just seemed natural to do so.
By his postings, I am guessing this is taken at either the Little Duck or Duck river.  When I saw it I was instantly taken back to Ashland and Lithia Creek that runs through the park there.  It has lovely waterfalls like this.  Interesting how pictures can trigger different memories.
The above just makes me laugh.  Boy, do the people of Kentucky and Tennessee love their bourbon and whiskey.  They are a proud people and it shows.  Michael was describing a tour he took at one distillery and I was thinking back to the multiple tours of the various distilleries I visited back east several years ago.  To think I don't even drink the stuff and do not get me near Moonshine - Ick!
Last week Janet, my sister, was in San Francisco for a conference and this week she was over in Leavenworth for another one.  While in Leavenworth she visited a German restaurant which I have been to in that we both ordered the very same thing - stuffed cabbage.  This was something Mom used to make for us a lot and was one of those treats I always enjoyed when growing up.  While Janet did enjoy both the sauerkraut and braised cabbage...I only ate the braised cabbage.  Not a sauerkraut fan at all!
Janet sent this picture to me the other night and it just makes me smile and so I had to include it.  Do not know where it was taken and yet, it was just perfect for the moment as I had had a very rough week and yes, I was getting pissed off.  This had me step back and realize that yes all will pass.  It has!

No comments:

Post a Comment