Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Miracles Happen!

Some of you might remember, oh 5 months ago, that I began a journey to get a refund from The New York Times.  It was months of calling and the variety of excuses about how there were delays of all sorts in getting my refund.  I was getting exhausted and last month the last lady I talked to promised me that within 14 business days I would get my refund.  Well folks, it has happened.  It dropped into my account last night and was actually more than I thought.  Yes, persistence paid off and now I will move on, but there will always be a bad taste in my mouth of The Times.  That is just sad in that I used to really love sitting and reading the paper and Sundays were so magical at times with coffee, watching CBS Sunday Morning and reading the paper.  And so we move on, but I am happy to close this chapter.

Today is my sister Janet's Birthday!
I hope it is a day of happy memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment