Thursday, September 26, 2013

A Commuter's Nightmare

So I left the office and saw I needed to get gas on the way home.  Not a problem.  Got the gas and was headed up 4th Avenue and just about at the stadiums near where I used to live traffic was near a dead stand still.  Not sure why so decided to head up and over and get on Hwy. 99 and zip on home.
Bad idea.  An fatal accident had shut down the viaduct so it look like the above picture.  Indeed to the tune of over 3 hours starting just after 4pm!  Where does all the traffic go, of course on to the surface streets.  They are totally jammed and in listening to the radio I found out why.  Yes, the annual employees meeting of 20,000 people who work for Microsoft in the Seattle area was today.  And yup, it had let out at 4pm. 
So now we have a true case of gridlock happening.  I-5 was not an option as it had two car accidents happen.  So I made my way up Alaskan Way to NE 15th going into Ballard and then over to I-5 and home.  Departed work at 3:10pm...walked in door from commute at 5:05pm.  Instantly contacted Rob to alert him of the mess.  He was thankful, but had to deal with it to pick up Jodie.  Got a message from him at 7:30pm telling me he had just gotten to her office.  What a nightmare of a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment