Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Travel Tuesday

Last Wednesday we arrived in New Orleans and there was a lot of anticipation for the week ahead.  I knew the heat and humidity was going to be a challenge, but it was a heck of a lot more impact than I thought.  It was frustrating in that it really hindered a lot of what was planned.  We did a lot of fun things and had good food, but I know I will never return to NOLA in the summer.  Not a fun time.  But, the time together was a blast and we got to have several really good conversations and look forward to coming back together at the end of the month when Damon comes to Seattle for a multi-month visit. 

Spent the morning having a low-key breakfast and getting packed up for our flights home.  I get to fly home via Chicago and Damon has a non-stop to Las Vegas.  Yes, I am a tad bit jealous.  I get home just before midnight and that is if everything goes right.  We shall see.  I have to say I am relaxed and that is a big positive.  It is easy to dwell on the negative and yes, I have acknowledged those things, but in the end it was fun to spend a week unplugged and spending time with Damon.  Who would have thought that we would be still together a year later. 

From a post earlier remembering the day we met:  "There was a dinner that occurred on Sunday, September 2, 2012 in that was the first time Damon and I had dinner together.  For those that have heard me describe him, he is a bit caveman and also rabbi.  But he does make me smile and laugh a lot."  And he still is!

No comments:

Post a Comment