Thursday, September 5, 2013

Back To The Salt Mine

Alas, I finally got home Wednesday morning at 3AM, only about 4 hours delayed, but boy was I tired.  Fell asleep and woke up at 7:11am knowing that there was no way I was going to be able to make it through the day at the office.  Called in and extended vacation by a day.  Slept and drank 8 liters of water!  It was a good idea to stay home.  Allowed me to do laundry and get settled in as I had been away a week. 
The trip showed me that there is a need to have a life and work as well.  So I came in this morning with a smile on my face and ready to go.  Sure there were over 500 emails waiting for me and in the end my boss was actually not a complete ass either this day.  But my oh my, at 3pm I was so ready to hit the road and go home.  It will be a quiet night and plan to get a good night's sleep.  Funny, for working only two days this week it sure feels like a long one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment