Thursday, May 29, 2014

A Dear Friend's Adventure

Barb and I met years ago on a winery cruise down in California.  We have maintained our friendship oh these many years at both a professional and personal level.  She is in the travel industry and takes some pretty fabulous trips.  We met over martinis and they have been the common theme for a long time...
Here is a summary of a recent adventure she took to Dubai and Abu Dhabi for her nephew's graduation.  Shared Barb - "As most of you know I love a martini ( or 2)! And when I travel I have encountered various versions. In Europe ordering a Martini can get you a Vermouth ( Martini and Rossi) In Botswana I ordered my vodka martini and received it with 5 ripe black olives, with the pits, piled in the bottom of the glass. In Abu Dhabi it was a vodka martini with 3 small green olives with pits barely skewered on 3 toothpicks."
Here is a picture of the tallest building in the world.  The trip was for 10 days and from the various pictures I can only guess it was an amazing experience.  I am so glad she got to have this amazing adventure.
Barb and her sister at the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.  This was a trip to celebrate the graduation of her nephew - Adam - but it was also the first graduation ceremony for the new NYU campus there.
Former President Bill Clinton at her nephew Adam's NYU Abu Dhabi Graduation. He gave a very nice speech according to Barb.  He walked right past them on his way to the stage.
New NYU Abu Dhabi campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment