Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tuesday Thoughts

So here we go heading through the week and looking forward to a holiday weekend.  I don't know about you, but I tend to stay home and avoid the highways on the long weekends.  Traffic is insane and people are not a happy group.  Add in some bad weather and frustration and pop there goes the accidents.  Don't get me started on adding drunk drivers to the mix.  So this weekend I shall be happy to enjoy my abode as it appears many of my friends will be hitting the road to go camping or heading out to see family.  There are some movies I have been meaning to see and just not taken the time to do so.  Also, there are some things around the apartment I have kept telling myself I want to get to and just keep putting off.
This week I have had an uptick in my fresh fruit consumption.  Strawberries and cantaloupe are quite enjoyable and I got my first watermelon of the season.  It was delivered on Saturday with the rest of my groceries from Amazon fresh.  I felt bad for the delivery guy as he put a bag of groceries on the counter and the melon rolled right off and landed on the floor.  I cracked right in two - a perfect clean break.  I went ahead and got it cut up and in chunks to enjoy this week.  Likely tomorrow evening as I needed to finish up some of the other fruit first. 

This time of year is fun in that there is so much that is available locally.  And we are so lucky here in the northwest as we have had good weather in a mixture of moisture and nice moderate weather that so much of the country has not gotten to enjoy.  From the drought conditions throughout the southwest into the Midwest and then all the horrible weather that has devastated crops from the Midwest into the southeast.  It is staggering and I saw on the news where the prices of groceries are going up in all major categories.  I have a feeling that our style of eating is going to be seeing a major shift in the near future.  The way we ate when I was growing up has changed a lot and now it is shifting again.  It will be interesting to see where it goes.
Yesterday Oregon became the next state to allow same sex marriage.  I really look forward to the day when it is a no big deal kind of thing.  Let people live their lives how they choose as long as it does not interfere with others.  I know several people who are all excited to get married and yet others who have been together for a while and do not plan to make any changes.  Personally, I don't really feel the need for marriage.  But then again, I am not in a set relationship.  Who knows what might happen in the future.  It will be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment