Friday, May 23, 2014

Yes, Friday Arrived

It has been quite the week and so this day felt like it would never get here.  It was only made all the more challenging when we realized there would only be 4 of us in the office today.  Well, at least it made the day go quickly.  So this weekend there are 5 major camping trips happening around the country.  Which will be the first to call in a panic.  I am so glad I do not have to do the camping trips any longer, just not my thing.  I am so not a camper.  My idea of roughing it is a hotel without 24 hour room service.

We have gone nearly two weeks without rain and I do miss it.  Other than 3 days near or at 80 it has been in the 60's and 70's which is tolerable.  Almost like we got to have a spring this year.  I have been enjoying several lovely evenings out on the balcony just taking in the sunsets and life passing by including numerous buses.  Funny how I can now tell regular vs. diesel vs. natural gas by how they sound as they pull away from the curb at the stop at the corner.

While many are traveling this weekend, I am not.  Going to be low key and get various things done around the apartment.  If luck is with me, I may not have to go out less to go down and let up the Amazon fresh delivery person.   I am starting to know a few of them by sight.  One guy, Lance, is real night and yes, cute too!  He makes small talk and I would not be surprised to find out he is gay.  But so not my type.  But that does not mean I cannot be nice to him!

I hope that whatever you decide to do this weekend that you stay safe and have a good time.  Be sure to pause and remember those that have given there time and yes, in many cases, their lives for our country.  It is what this weekend is all about after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment