Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Clams and then there are Clams

There are so many different word for money. Moola, cash, bucks, bread, payola, greenbacks, dinero, ducketts, mean green and of course clams, as it that cost a lot of clams. That was the case with a can of shaving cream I had to buy on a cruise in November, 2008. A simple can of Colgate Shave Cream on board was $6.95. Yup, you read that right and so why am I sharing this, well today I used the last of that shaving cream. I happened to look at the price tag (which I left on just to remind me how stupid I had been) as I tossed it and said "that was a lot of clams" and in so doing remembered that my friend Michael had sent me some pictures of his clams post prep for the cooking phase. Below I present the Razor Clams before cooking, but cleaned...

Then they are being cooked after being dredged in flour, egg and flour again...have you said yum yet? OK, first you need to like clams and oh do I LOVE me some clams! And then we have the final phase...
The clams are plated and ready to be devoured. Oh with some coleslaw and maybe fries or other nibble veggie, we are talking heaven!
And so there you have it folks, clams and more clams and yes, it is over the hump day and I made it. Feeling pretty good this evening and glad I have the weekend to relax. But what will be fun is going to High Tea at Moonsong's and David's on Sunday to honor Mother's Day. Also, I get to go shopping for a new camera. Watch out world, more photos will be on the way.

1 comment: