Friday, May 7, 2010

Pause, Consider and Relect

Hello there,

Well, Friday did arrive on schedule and I am one happy camper that it did. It was a long and tough week. Every day was filled with an array of different tasks and I see that next week will be brimmed out as well. Did get to put the final touches on the surprise I have in store for Mom at the end of the month. We will have a good time. Also, I got to have some good phone conversations with friends and I look forward to talking to more over the weekend. This weekend is Mother's Day and I do cherish my times with Mom and the calls. I have been writing more postcards as I know she loves getting mail and call more frequently in that she gets lonely. My sister Janet is so much better than I on calling Mom and is driving down in the morning to spend the long weekend with her. I was to be there this weekend, but will get to spend even longer with her at the end of the month when I take a full week off work...how many calls? But I am coming back on the 1st of June to allow me the 2nd to get the apt. back up and running and then hit the office on the 3rd.

Tonight Curtis stopped by and we had a great chat. One that has needed to happen. Seeing where we both stand and the future. He is freaking a bit about turning 46 next month and looking ahead and I shared I see my moving along in the near future = at most 2 years. He left and I enjoyed Washington Week in Review one of the keystones to kick off the weekend. Tomorrow morning is breakfast with Mick and I think we are headed back to Hudson's and if so I am going for the Chicken Fried Steak or Monte Cristo. Then the rest of the day is to call my own so off to Trader Joe's to get supplies to make Tea Sandwiches for Sunday's Mother's Day Tea and then home to enjoy a few episodes of Julia Child's first TV series for PBS in black and white. Gotta love that. Then I get the infill supplies from Amazon Fresh Saturday evening as I enjoy British Comedies. I have seen many of them but they are fun and well, mindless.

Betty White hosts Saturday Night Live on NBC tomorrow and hopefully I can watch on the internet but may end up running down to Markie's if need be. We shall see. That should be pretty funny. Sunday has me up early and out of the house to allow Moonsong to clean and then back to make final preparations for the tea. It is at 4pm on Sunday. Then we will kick back and relax knowing that next week will be a bit of a scene with Mark visiting on Wednesday and well, who knows what fireworks will happen! Cheers for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment