Friday, June 28, 2013

Pride & Parking

OK, so I am a foodie and I had to laugh when I saw this picture of Rainbow Oreos.  There is just something that makes me smile in looking at this picture.  This weekend is Pride weekend in Seattle, San Francisco and New York City among others, but those are the big 3 celebrations.  It is the 39th Pride Parade here in Seattle.  The Supreme Court rulings earlier this week will undoubtedly add energy and excitement to the various celebrations. 

For years I was involved in the Pride celebrations back in New York and to this day defend any one's right to be involved.  But, I do not go any more.  Not out of any sort of emotion, but rather I just do not do well in crowds any more.  Over the past 5 years or so I have noticed that the large events just do not do it for me.  I much prefer smaller gatherings.  10 people is good.  To all who are getting involved this year, enjoy and have fun!

Now, the second part of my label for today's posting refers to parking.  I did that due to the fact that I have now been at my new apartment for about three months now.  Never have I had a problem getting a parking spot at the new garage.  It is a true joy in that at the old place how many times did I have to fight to get a parking space, especially over the weekends!  It was so challenging at times.

At Solara, I enter the parking lot and drive down and usually find a spot near the elevator lobby.  Granted, the elevator is a tad slow at times, but it gets you there.  But seriously, who knew that the joy of not having to beg for a parking spot could be such a wonderful thing.

Before closing, I had referenced my friend Michael who is doing a road trip of sorts this summer.  It was his photo of Old Faithful that I put on the blog.  Well, he has now gone as far east as he plans to go and will begin motoring west again this day.  From his posts, it sounds like he has had quite the adventure be it snakes or moonshine or connecting to family roots.  It is fun when friends and family have fun journeys in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment