Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Next Chapter Begins

This is a huge day for Damon. He boards a plane this evening for Las Vegas and will be there until he flies up here on the 29th. Will be here for 3 weeks (and 4 weekends) before heading back down to Las Vegas. He is done with Austin at this point. The house is being cleared out by the sale people and taken to Austin proper to sell as the house was too far out to do the sale there.  Anything he wanted to keep - which is not a whole lot - is now in storage awaiting a visit to collect later this year.

He has stuff in 4 cities at this point and so will need to do a road trip to collect and then go through again to decide what he will keep and what goes. Austin, Phoenix, Palm Springs and Las Vegas are where he has stuff. I have challenged him to get it all in one place by end of year. He is currently working on getting his driver's licence.
While visiting up here we will be having the discussion where his base is going to be - at this point there are two cities - Seattle and Las Vegas, but there are other places he wants to visit and could ultimately be his home base. It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds. He is a bit weirded out by all this happening as he thought about leaving Austin for years and now is doing it.
I did end up going Italian and quite tasty.  Cooked up some Italian sausage and made a tomato sauce with mushrooms, garlic and spices.  Added some cheese. A nice salad on the side was just fine. I did visit the doctor Monday and was down another 4.5 pounds and so continue that journey. Monday night I totally fell asleep sitting up.  I do not usually fall asleep sitting up and in fact only recall two or three times that happening. Each time my body and/or mind just shut down. I think that mentally a lot has been going on and I need to just accept that it was my body in recovery mode.
 
It is just about time for me to be heading out the door and on get all the hairs cut. I have been trying to keep it going every three weeks and seems to be a good schedule to keeping it manageable and especially with having to wear the CPAP mask, that tends to start giving me flat hair about now.
 
I have no idea what will be on the menu this evening - perhaps a nice chef salad. Have not had one of those in a while. I find that I like to keep it simple during the week and get dinner handled before 7pm to allow time for the food to settled before I head off to dream land. By the way, the new bed has made sleep a beautiful thing. Ah, just realized that tomorrow Moonsong will be cleaning the apartment. Makes me a happy camper every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment