Thursday, June 13, 2013

Rear-Ended...

and not in a good way to be sure.  Alas, I left the office to get my hair cut yesterday and was heading back when a guy rear-ended me on I-5.  He tried to just drive on and I would have none of that.  The people in the next lane did not let him get around me.  Finally got him over to the side and it comes to be known that it was not even his car.  Got his information plus that of the car owner's as I need to find out who is ultimately responsible.  No visible damage but has scheduled an appointment for next Tuesday.
 
Had quite the adrenaline rush going for a few hours and was a useless mess at the office and so ended up splitting and headed home.  Got here and zonked out a bit.  Drank a lot of water and took a couple of aspirin.  Watched some TV and called it a night.
 
When I got up this morning was not feeling too bad.  But did decide to call the doctor as I was feeling a bit stiff.  The doctor recommended that I use some heat and do some stretching as he said by my description it sounded more like stress than actual injury. 

Decided to work from home to allow for some heating pad time.  So here I am as Moonsong cleans.  I am just taking it slow and steady.  With all that happened decided to order a pizza and call it good last night.  I get a pizza and then eat the toppings and toss the crust - OK, I do usually eat one slice the regular way.  Mighty tasty.  It is a local joint and so that was nice.  Have leftovers and so it might be lunch this day.  Tonight will likely be the salad considering last night's indulgence.  Have some shrimp to cook.  Decisions, decisions! 
So I was looking in a container I had not looked in for a while and found a collection of fortune cookie sayings.  Not sure why I had been saving them, but decided to post them here for your amusement...do you notice how all of them are always hopeful in nature?
 
You will have great fortune and luck.
 
Your help will be needed in an embarrassing situation.
 
You will inherit money and jewelry.
 
An influential figure will make mention of you in a positive light.
 
An enjoyable vacation is awaiting you near the mountains.
 
Don't worry about the stock market.  Invest in family.
 
You will need to relax today.
 
You will continue to take chances and be glad you did.
 
You will enjoy good health, that is your form of wealth.
 
You will soon solve a difficult problem.
 
You will soon follow your heart's desire.
 
You would prosper in the field of medicine.
 
You will exceed your expectations.
 
The future will bring romance.
 
People enjoy having you around.  Appreciate this.
 
And finally, my friend Bill always sends me things that make me laugh.  We used to be pretty good friends when I lived in Portland, but as the years go along, we have lost touch a bit more and more.  Have not seen him in a while, but he still sends me items to amuse me.  The following was received in this morning's emails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment