Thursday, June 20, 2013

Summer Arrives Tonight

We enjoy the most daylight of the calendar year - actually tomorrow, but summer does actually arrive tonight on the west coast. The Sun reaches its most northern point in the sky at local noon. After this date, the days start getting "shorter," i.e., the length of daylight starts to decrease.  The seasons are based on the amount of sunlight, not heat. 
Friends know this is not my favorite season at all.  But at the same time some of my favorite memories of being up at the cabin at Lake of the Woods or going to Arch Cape to visit the beach house there still are vivid.  So while the heat really does get to me, and oh can I share I am not a happy camper when the temps go over 80! 
What I do know is that now that summer has begun, it means it is on its' way out and so if I can just get to the end of September when my favorite season begins and I get to enjoy cooler nights and the changing colors of autumn.  While summer arrives tonight at 10:04pm, know that for most of the rest of the country it arrives tomorrow.  Stay cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment