Thursday, April 3, 2014

Finally Friday Eve!

The week has been a blur.  I cannot believe it is already Friday Eve!  The weekend will be more than welcome.  While last weekend was one that was fully relaxing and much needed, this weekend has a series of social engagements.  Markie is home from his trip to Istanbul and a few other cities.  He has invited me to dinner on Sunday.  The past couple of times we have gotten together, it has been at my place.  Thus, he wants to host.  Who am I to deny that.  
 
Sadly, Mark - the owner - is back to some of his old antics.  Thus, I prefer to duck and cover and get by.  It is sad to see the roller coaster effect and to think I have only had my job threatened three times this week.  I feel lucky.  I do try and keep perspective and my sleep has not been interrupted by all the antics.  If that starts to be invasive, then there will be issues to be discussed.  I keep trying to figure out how it must feel to be despised by so many people. 
 
Thus, on days like these I need to find a happy place.  Thinking about the train station in Portland makes me happy.  I have come in and out of that station many a times.  Below is a great picture of the train station.  It brings back many fond memories of Portland.
On the food front, I have been quite zealous in maintaining my new 5 meal food plan and the frig in my office is helping that.  I have been eating my fruits and vegetables and that is a good thing.  Trying out some new combinations.  Chicken has been a default for me along with salmon and thus I am trying to spread my wings.  Being a bit more creative and that makes for some interesting combinations. 
 
Damon has been more than amusing on the phone this week and we even had a video chat on Sunday.  He was all weepy about seeing me live.  Too funny.  He is having his surgery soon and will be blind for about a week.  That is going to be an interesting experience for him.  He is so  ready to get out of Las Vegas.  Been there not even two weeks.  But hey, he does make a chunk of change there and so he does tolerate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment