Thursday, April 17, 2014

Weekend Surprise Guest - Sort Of

This evening my friend Tim is arriving from Los Angeles.  He is coming up for a weekend since he has to use up a flight voucher before it expires.  This is the guy who got me to interview for the job out in Boston.  Well, that was last spring about this time.  In June, his company consolidated and he was out of a job.  Applied around and got a position in Los Angeles.  Quite a change.  Reminds me of when I moved from Portland to Dallas and then on to New York City. 
 
Well, he asks if he can come up for the holiday weekend and I have no plans so sure.  We are talking away and he is planning to come up Friday, but flights were thin picking so he opted to fly in tonight.  Well, that was a wonderful thing in the end as I get to have a right of passage to adulthood tomorrow.  I get to have a colonoscopy.  Oh joy.  So he gets in this afternoon and I will pick him up and then homeward we go as I get to go through the pre-preparation for tomorrow's procedure.  I have been told it is not a fun thing at all.
 
Then, tomorrow he will drive me to and from my appointment as I have been instructed that it is not an option for me to do.  Very nice of him to agree to do this.  From what others have told me, by tomorrow late afternoon I should be fine.  That will allows us to have a couple of days prior to his Sunday afternoon departure.  The weather is not looking great, but I do plan to order in Indian food tomorrow as that is one of his favorites.  Figured it was the least I could do after what he is doing to help me out. 
 
He is not a big tourist type of guy and so may take a ferry ride or head off to the mountains.  Heck, maybe watch movies.  Who knows.  What I do know is that he likes to be spontaneous and so not going to do a whole lot of preplanning on this one and just let it unfold as it may.  What I do know is that there will be no ham cooked for Easter Sunday as he does not eat pork or beef.  I believe he said he eats nothing with a hove.  When I asked why - he said it is due to the amount of energy the body needs to digest it.  Interesting concept.  Bring on the seafood! 

No comments:

Post a Comment