Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday Miscellaneous

Hello there and welcome to the weekend.  It has been a long week and so glad I will be joining those on weekend mode in just a few minutes.  This week has seen several things announced or changed according to my past blog postings and so in the spirit of full disclosure I thought I would take a minute and share what I have learned.  First up, last week David Letterman announced he was going to retire next year from doing "The Late Show" on CBS. 

It took less than a week for the network to announce that Stephen Colbert would be his replacement.  I think it is a really cool thing, but I have to admit, I am going to miss "The Colbert Report" on Comedy Central.  From reports, we still get to enjoy his current show for 8 more months.  It appears he is going to not maintain his character once he makes the move and so it will be interesting to see how much of one side of him comes out in the other.
A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that yesterday was the celebration of the 50th anniversary of "It's A Small World" and it proved to be quite the celebration, as only Disney can pull off.  Composer Richard Sherman, who wrote the song with his late brother Robert, was on hand at Disneyland to conduct a sing-along, which was at all five Disney resorts, including Orlando, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Paris.

“And that’s what it’s all about; it’s a small world, after all,” Sherman said. “Let’s not kill each other.”
Park visitors around the world participated in the sing-along at SmallWorld50.com, where fans can record videos of themselves singing the song and create virtual dolls to benefit UNICEF.
So there you go, it is now off to a weekend of Catan with Jodie and Rob plus we are going to have a bagel nosh lunch for a change of pace.  Sunday will see me motoring south to Markie's for a delayed dinner from last week as I had the toe incident.  BTW, it is doing much better thank you for asking.  So enjoy the weekend folks and Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment