Saturday, April 12, 2014

Indeed It Has Been 2 Years

Today marks the two year mark of getting out of the hospital after 93 days.  It was the 2nd Saturday in April that Janet, my sister, came and got me from the rehabilitation unit and we slowly made our way home.  Oh my how times does fly.  When I think back to those days of being on oxygen and using a wheelchair around the apartment and beyond.  Things have changed.  In no way can I say it has been smooth sailing, but things are changing and improving. 

I've moved, Mom celebrated her 90th birthday last May, I am still working at E&A, Damon has become a major force in my life, Janet and I text a whole lot more than we used to, eating has gotten a lot more healthy plus a whole lot more.  The number of prescriptions has dropped dramatically while I finally was able to get on a steady weight loss path. 

There is a greater sense of contentment and I am more accepting of what is going on.  I have noticed over the past few months that I am steering away more from all the news I used to just love to absorb.  It is all so depressing and the landslide that happened last month was the last straw for me as all the stations raced to have the most coverage and "exclusives" about different angles.  It just got to be too much.  So now I watch one half hour of national news in the evening and then catch headlines in the morning along with traffic and weather.  Enough and I can always go online to infill as needed.

Yes, 2 years is a long time and yet it feels like the blink of an eye.  And on that note I wish you all a very good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment