Sunday, April 6, 2014

Not Quite The Day I Had Planned

So what was to be a relatively mild Sunday ended up being anything but that.  It was a perfectly quiet Sunday with plans to do taxes and then in the early evening I would motor south and have dinner with Markie plus Mick & Bret.  The morning unfolded just as it should with a few phone calls and a late brunch.  After eating I realized I needed to empty the dishwasher in order to put in the dirty dishes.  Alas, near the end of the unloading process a glass slipped out of my hand and crashed to the floor.  In the process a shard of glass found my big toe and cut it quite noticeably.  Not good.

Thus, I am now in the middle of my kitchen, surrounded by glass and of course, this is when I realize I have no broom.  [Yes, yes, I am going to be having one on my next grocery order] With few options at hand I finally make the dreaded 911 call.  Within minutes the paramedics have arrived and thankfully the basket on top of the frig was long enough for me to reach over and unlock the front door.  After additional scolding from the paramedics in a light friendly way [Seriously, you do not have a broom?] it is determined that the cut, while significant, does not warrant stitches, but rather they used the butterfly kind to hold it together followed by some additional bandaging. 

One of the paramedics was rather cute and so that made things better.  The three of them cleaned things up quite nicely and leaving me with some Tylenol 3 pills departed.  I pulled the big foam cushion out of the closet and elevated my leg for the balance of the day.  Yes, it did throb a bit and I did use 4 of the 6 pills they left.  Took several naps and in the end accepted that I can get taxes done next weekend and confirmed with Markie for a future dinner engagement. 

My sister made a good suggestion and that is that I plan to ring my doctor in the morning so they know what is going on.  And so that is how my Sunday went sideways all too quickly.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment