Sunday, April 27, 2014

Spring Cleaning

Sometimes it is not easy to find images that work for my various blog postings and this is one of those times.  None of the pictures really excited me, but this is at least a little perky.  So it all began yesterday when I was up way too early and decided to take the bull be the horns and get some long delayed chores out of the way.  Sorting drawers and dumping old stuff that I will never use and I know it.  Sure, for over 7 years now I have been sorting and letting go, but there have always been some of those things that I just know I will get to and never have and likely never will. 

When Damon arrives for his next visit, there are boxes of stuff to go out the door and it is really feeling freeing to get rid of a lot of the extra stuff.  Seeing parts of tables and opening up some of the cubes in the wall unit just gives a sense of space to the apartment.  The bathroom got a good work over and so did the bedroom.  And the funny thing is that I did it all just a little at a time and made phone calls in between and even took not one, but two naps. 

Earlier this year I had attacked the kitchen and so it was left pretty much untouched for now, but I am keeping an eye on what is getting used and what is not.  Going to be making a late brunch in a bit and then this evening's dinner will be some country style pork ribs.  With the sun going down late and later, I really have to be mindful of the time to not be eating too late.  I have noticed that by eating dinner by 6pm or so it makes for a better sleep in the end.  I do think another iced coffee is in order.  It has been a most productive morning.  Enjoy your Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment