Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Duke's Was A Delight!

Tuesday had me driving down I-5 to Tacoma. What should usually be a 45-60 minute commute ended up being only 20 minutes so while waiting for Pam I decided to enjoy a beer to start. Mac & Jack’s African Amber is a favorite of mine and from what I hear it is also Duke’s personal favorite.Kicked off the dinner by ordering a Tuna Wasabi Quesadilla which is marinated yellow fin tuna with creamy wasabi mayo, cucumber pico de gallo and fresh guacamole. Without hesitation it is a favorite I enjoy when I get down to Ruston Way. Pam was delayed and so I decided to try another appetizer. In general I really like calamari and especially like it done the pepper salted style. At Duke's they serve Calamari Steak Strips using Pacific Wild Squid lightly battered with tequila lime aïoli. I must be honest, it was a miss. There will not be a repeat order in the future.Pam arrived and got a cup of chowder and we just were chatting away and I decided to try one of the specials this week. A trio of sear Wild East Coast Scallops. They were served with grilled fingerling potatoes, veggies and melon. A citrus vinaigrette tossed salad balanced out the plate. It was OK, by at $12.99 just not worth it to me. Two strikes and Two hits...what would be the final result? We shall see.Pam decided to also try a special on the menu. These are Salmon Shooters. Blackened Salmon on Romaine Lettuce with a vinaigrette. She seemed to like them, but was not overwhelmed. Darn, this was not going well. But there was a last choice for me yet to come.YES! I wanted to end the meal on a high note and knew how to do it. I went for Duke's "Award Winning" Classic Clam Chowder. “This is no regular Chowder. It wins Awards. It saves Relationships. It’s all natural, herby and creamy. The natural Clam perfume takes you to Clam Heaven.” – Duke

So indeed, we were able to hit a home run and call it a wrap. But the best part was seeing Pam again. If you have a chance, visit her blog: So I'm Fifty!

1 comment:

  1. At least there was the Mac and Jack! A fave of mine also. The finish taste always makes me think of fresh honey from the comb.

    ReplyDelete