Sunday, September 5, 2010

State Visit to Oregon - My Accommodations

Folks, my sister Janet has to have one of the best places to live. She lives on a pond and has ducks. So let's take a quick visit to Janet's place. Here is what you get to enjoy as you approach her front door. Flowers in bloom and festive touches everywhere. A real treat to be sure.Upon entering you get a sense of what Janet likes to do from collecting antiques of different sorts to making quilts. She has them all displayed beautifully as you can see here with her lighthouse collection along with some of her blue glass...
to here where you can see her antique potato masher collection and a lovely quilt and a selection of other antiques. I got the good fortune to call this my home for two nights and it is a joy to stay here with her.
But I am guessing the main reason she is here is the duck pond just out her wall of windows. It is amazing to look out to see all the activity. Ducks, Canadian Geese and oh my the Squirrels, they all vie for your attention and yet ignore you all the same.
Ah, the ducks arrived and there was a squirrel, but he was here and gone before I could get a shot. The continuing entertainment is really quite fun. I can understand how she just sits and watches for hours, I would too with this view.
And this is the view from out on the patio. Whether indoors or out, you get to enjoy all the activity and to think this is right in the boundaries of the City of Portland. How fun is that. Oh the festive secrets that lie around the corner. Kind of like the Zen Garden in my building. So many have no clue it is there and for the next 7 months I shall indeed enjoy it and then hello water view. It is time. If anyone out there has a clue why, it would be Pam!

And so this is where I got to enjoy the weekend and have had many fun times here with Janet. She is not only my sister, but a dear friend, so glad she will be experiencing Whistler this year with me and the gang! Should be fun.

End of Posting three - State Visit to Oregon

3 comments:

  1. Make me feel guilty why don't you! Ha! At the time I thought for sure I would be there for several more years. Something happens when you turn fifty. You become very clear about what you want and have a very low tolerance for negativity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wordsmith checking in....
    ...to stay her with her
    Interesting turn of phrase. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that your head I see in the foreground of the pic of the rocker? :-)

    ReplyDelete