Tuesday, June 17, 2014

One Million Miles

My friend, Mark Souder, Uncle Markie to most has this thing about traveling.  It is not so much abut the destination as the journey itself.  Here is an example of his upcoming adventures:
He makes these bound books for each trip and having been on a few adventures with him, they do prove to be quite helpful.  He is currently on the above left trip.  He flew from Seattle to San Francisco and then on to New Orleans.  Now this was an especially important flight for him in that he has been edging closer and closer to the million mile mark on United.  I cannot even think of flying that far in my lifetime.  Well, here is a bit of his posting marking the occasion...
After I was done my snack, at 12:45am on June 16th, 2014 I hit my Million Mile mark 373 miles into the flight. GOLD FOR LIFE. I had the flight attendant ask the captain for the moment – she rewarded me with a fist bump – was sorta hoping balloons would fall from the ceiling and the confetti guns would blow – alas, not in an airplane.

And now the adventure begins in New Orleans.

The funny thing is, that I bet he really was hoping for some sort of celebration, but he did reach his milestone on a redeye and so most of the plane was likely asleep.  That my friends is where the factors in his being thrifty won over being celebrated by a round of applause from the jet full of passengers.

The other thing about Markie is that he does love those selfies.  And here is one to mark the special occasion as he was getting ready to board the train in New Orleans bound for Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment