Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Getaway - Part IV (The Finale)

So I showed a picture of the marina at sunset and here it is the next morning.  So beautiful.  As most of you know I enjoy getting up early.  This setting made it quite easy and it was a fun and leisurely morning.
 
Before heading in for breakfast, I took some time on the deck and listened to the crickets and birds and enjoyed the reasons why we live in the Pacific Northwest...mountain views, beautiful waters, blue skies, lush green plants, sailboats, birds, totem poles, forests of trees all in the same view!...not to mention hot good coffee while you take in this sights.  Thanks for a terrific way to start my day!
Here is a picture of The Fireside Restaurant just as they opened for Sunday breakfast.   It is a beautiful restaurant with wonderful service.  As you can see below I opted for the eggs benedict.
Two poached farm eggs and Canadian bacon on toasted panini topped with Hollandaise and served with herbed country potatoes.

After a few more hours it was time to head home, but not before knowing I had done something nice for myself and it was an amazing weekend.  We just need to remember to be good to ourselves from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment