Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Getaway - Part II

Upon check-in I got a lovely room for the night looking out on the marina.  They had a package called "Easy-Peze" where for $159 I got the room and a $50 credit in the restaurant  which I was able to use on happy hour, dinner and then breakfast the next morning.  Actually, it was likely used up by dinner.  What a treat. 
I thought it was amusing that when I got up on Saturday I packed the CPAP, got my laptop and a change of clothes and said - hmmm, where should I go.  No real plan and it was not until I was driving south on I-5 that I decided to take a ferry ride.  And then that was just an open door.  So not like me as I always plan out everything.

Did not realize until I was soaking in the jetted tub that night looking out on the water that it had been September last year since I had really had a night away for myself. 
Funny how I so enjoy watching TV at home but did not even turn it on this night.  Rather I did enjoy the view from my room.  Here is a picture at sunset.
As I mentioned, I did get a $50 credit to use and so went down for Happy Hour which actually lasts three hours.  Ordered a bottle of wine and enjoyed two glasses and then they held the bottle for me until I returned for dinner.
Decided to enjoy a "small order" of the clams for now as I wanted to leave room for dessert.  The food is fresh and well prepared. They use local ingredients (local farmer produce, cheeses, beef & seafood) is such a treat! The service is professional and friendly, always attentive but never intrusive. The warm and inviting space with fireplace, view of the marina, simple yet elegant inn feel was a delightful way to enjoy an evening.  To think that the main event had yet to happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment