Monday, June 2, 2014

The getaway - Part III


To have such a leisurely day, that was fun. It had been an amazing day, thank you very much and now dinner was about to begin.  Went downstairs and there would be a 15 minute wait and so went exploring and here is the seating area to relax pre or post dinner.  I had the place to myself.
One of the things I remembered was how they place a stone on the folded napkin.  I have several at the apartment to remember Damon and my first getaway together.  We should consider going there again come fall.
For dinner, I had the New Bedford scallops with a bacon vinaigrette, mashed potatoes and haricot verts (green beans), it was a wee bit over salted, but definitely something I'd have again.  My other choice I had in mind was the king salmon with ratatoille and mashed potatoes.  Either would be excellent.  For dessert, I opted for a single scoop of "lemonlicious" ice cream.  Not a sorbet as one would think, but a creamy ice cream - perfect ending.
While the day was finally coming to a close, it was fun to know that Sunday was still to be discovered and it was a joy to be sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment