Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pride In Seattle

Boy, how far things have come in 40 years!  This weekend is Pride weekend in Seattle, San Francisco and New York City among others, but those are the big 3 celebrations.  It is the 40th Pride Parade here in Seattle.  The various legal rulings this past year will undoubtedly add energy and excitement to the various celebrations. 

I was involved in the Pride celebrations back in New York and to this day defend any one's right to be involved.  But, I do not go any more.  Not out of any sort of emotion, but rather I just do not do well in crowds any more.  Over the past 5 years or so I have noticed that the large events just do not do it for me.  I much prefer smaller gatherings.  10 people is good.  To all who are getting involved this year, enjoy and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment