Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Nerves On Hump Day

So I got the call that informed me that I will have my video conference call next Tuesday, the 30th at 8am my time.  Oh great, just as people are beginning to arrive at the office.  Most are in accounting and so they are not too close and I will close my door.  I would take the call at home but my laptop is not nearly as good as the computer here at the office.  Of course I am already nervous and yet it is now day 6 of my re commitment to getting back on track and have had some great success thus far.  Carbs in check and portions are not out of hand, ok there was the salad on Monday.

Today, I go and get my hair cut and beard trim that will be the first step towards getting ready for next week.  Then deciding exactly what I will wear during the call.  Want to be professional and yet take into account that I am at work here.  It will be a challenge.  Might come dressed for the interview and then change out shirts afterwards. 

Have to share my dinner last night in that I love smoked salmon and so instead of putting it on bagels (need to watch those carbs) I used provolone cheese and then put on some cream cheese with chives blended in.  On top of that were capers and then the smoked salmon.  They were delicious.  Tonight is ground turkey with mixed veggies folded in and will use a marinade for sauce to blend it together.  May have some asparagus on the side or hold it until tomorrow and have with chicken.

Work is a bit intense right now as I try and keep calm and get things done.  Adding the 9th office in Chicago has proved challenging and yet April is a really nice person to work with.  She is our event manager there.  I did break down my staff conference calls to where now they are on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday so I have three of them on each call.  It creates a more conversational atmosphere and not so much Chris doing a lecture.  Looking forward to making another good swipe at unpacking this weekend as rain is to be returning and that makes it easy to stay in and work.  Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment