Monday, April 1, 2013

Not Quite The Day I Had Planned

Yes, it is the first Day of the Month and so did the whole Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit thing and knew it was April Fool's Day and thus ready for anything.  But I headed into the office and first up it was that as of now I am parking in regular parking spaces and not handicapped spaces any more.  Big change and one that is welcome.  In two weeks it will be a year since getting out of the hospital and thus I am more than happy to take this next step.  It is just odd in that I am so used to parking in the same spot.  Now it is a free for all.  Next, once in the office some of the staff have kids and so with it being spring break they are working earlier hours and it was odd having people in the office so early, not a bad thing, just different.
 
Mark was in a good mood - this is so not like him and so I was cautious to be sure.  Heck, even Lucy did not work this weekend which was a miracle - she is the controller and works just about every day and that is just wrong!  Curtis, my event coordinator here in Seattle, was not his normal bubbly self and actually left early.  Text messages filled the day from Damon and Tim, another thing that does not happen all that frequent.  Sure one or two, but my phone was vibrating all day long.  Like I say, it was just not a normal day. 
 
I did manage to get out of the office by 3pm and headed north to get the car washed and also try out driving up and around the lake to my new place as I dropped off the accent paint and the rent check.  They were quite impressed I was willing to pay even though I am not officially living there until Friday.  This is not a drive I plan to do all that often.  Runs a good 15-20 minutes longer than driving I-90 across the water and up I-5 to Lake City Way exit and in.  That way only takes about 30 minutes at best.  What I do know is that I am glad I like to get to work early and not deal with all the traffic hassle.  I do sense changes coming in seeing friends and all in that while I will be closer to Rob & Jodie which will be a delight, there will be a greater distance to venturing to see Markie.  He was in quite a slump on Saturday when he gave up the keys and keycard to the apartment.  It was a tad amusing. 
 
Arriving home I enjoyed a nice salad for dinner and sat down to watch the news and other than assembling about 10 boxes, got nothing done.  I did make a list in my mind of what needs to be done, but the day had tapped me out and I just needed to take a break.  So much has happened in the past two weeks and I have been trying to march on and it just all sort of came crashing down on me.  Not that I was upset, but it just drained me of any energy that I had.  Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment