Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Best Of Planning...

Why is it that you plan a simple afternoon/evening of packing and something so simple goes so wrong.  Maybe due to something like the picture above that just amuses me to no end.  But I am getting ahead of myself.  The day started off just fine.  Got up and enjoyed my oatmeal while watching the weather report and enjoying a cool glass of iced coffee.  Brushed the teeth and headed off to the office for my usual crazed Tuesday.  Alas, it was not nearly as bad as it can be at times.  Cranked out projects and was able to clear not one, but two conference calls without a lot of hassle.  Our trip to Peru scheduled for September has hit a bit of a snag, but there are two work arounds and so will pursue those tomorrow. 

Three o'clock arrived and it was time to head out and right then got a call from a member with lots of questions on a trip and so needed to address them and so delayed 20 minutes...next stop was Walgreen's to pickup 3 prescriptions and then the bank to do a deposit.  Got to the apartment and did a quick vacuum as there was debris all over the floor.  Trying to stay a bit sane.  Load of laundry in the washer and a late light lunch to tie me over to dinner.  Then went in and got a couple of boxes packed.  Feeling confident.  Hello WALL!  Seriously, there is something in me that by about 5-6 pm I just hit empty.  NOT FUN!  I feel like a lump of coal or something.  Chatted with Damon for about an hour, the first time we have actually talked in days since he had no voice. 

Afterwards, I was able to get some more boxes assembled, but not a lot more.  Quite frustrating and yet that is one of the reasons I decided to move the actual move to Friday to give me all of tomorrow to get everything in order.  Mind you, to the common man, I am so far beyond a normal prep for a move, but to me it should all be done and done.  Not quite.  Also, spent way too many emails this day trying to confirm exactly which wall is to be the accent painted wall.  Why am I scared.

By now, it was time for dinner as I continue to use up the leftovers.  My plan to use the hamburger this evening has been flushed as it just does not look right and really is it a time to risk anything - I don't think so.  And so it was a final order placed to a Hawaiian Joint I have loved and enjoyed shrimp, salad and fried rice for dinner.  I happen to mention it would be my last order due to the move and so they threw in something called Haupia.  It is a dessert item.

From Wikipedia - Haupia is a traditional coconut milk-based Hawaiian dessert often found at luaus and other local gatherings in Hawaiʻi. Since World War II, it has become popular as a topping for white cake, especially at weddings. Although technically considered a pudding, the consistency of haupia closely approximates gelatin dessert and is usually served in blocks like gelatin.

Totally spaced it and so it will be tasted and experienced tomorrow.  I am full and watching a bit of TV before drifting off to slumberland.  Before I close, I have to make a comment on a show I could only bare to watch for all of 3-4 minutes.  It is called "Splash" and is on ABC.  It is about various stars and/or athletes that do diving routines.  I am sorry, but it is just totally stupid and I do not use that word often.  Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment