Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Riding The Roller Coaster Of Coaster

The bed was delivered yesterday and it is AWESOME. What a difference 16" makes! So it gets delivered and I am enjoying it. Tim stops by so we can discuss the interview slated for this morning. We are talking away and the phone rings. I learn that a dear friend has just died.   It was a very quick decline and he passed within three days of major pain setting in.  It hit me just like when I was in Las Vegas back in 2010 and heard David had died.  Wowzers!

Tim saw how upset I was and we decided to put an early end to the evening. He left and I just sat there in a state of shock and disbelief. Finally did get to sleep and the bed was wonderful!  So I am one happy camper on that front. Woke up this morning and was getting ready and the phone rang. Tim calling to tell me he had taken the initiative and postponed the video interview for today until later in the month. It was nice of him, but now I get to be on pins and needles for a few more weeks. Never a dull moment to be sure.  It was interesting in that after about 9:30am I started getting text messages from people wanting to know how it went.  Needless to say, all have been informed.

So at this point I head to Ashland on Thursday for Mom's 90th birthday. Back here on the 6th. Damon arrives on the7th and leaves on the 22nd. My friend Nathan arrives from Sydney for a conference on the 18th but is busy until the 23rd. So we will be getting together over the weekend until he flies out at 6pm on the 26th. What a whirlwind of a month ahead. 

Last night I had a dinner of tuna and some peas while tonight will be a hot skillet of Andouille sausage with grilled onions.  Trying to use up what's in the frig before I head south.  Dinner tomorrow will be down at Markie's house and if the weather is nice, like it is slated to be I bet we will be enjoying something off the grill on the back deck.  I am looking at the various forecasts and have to say that I am not one to enjoy it when it goes over 75 and so I have a feeling it will be a warm weekend that will prove challenging.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment