Friday, September 13, 2013

End Of A Rough Week

So here I am trying to keep motivated and moving forward.  It has been a rough week and really glad it is Friday.  I have a group heading off to Peru today and all the October calendars are going up over the weekend.  Somehow, my event staff are now getting involved in doing renewals for members as it seems the sales team do not want to be bothered.  I can so see it now, they will start doing them and then the sales team will get pissed off since they will not get the commissions.  Always something to create drama.

I continue to keep feeling more energy and that is a very good thing.  I knew I had a problem with carbs, but not to the extent that just dropping oatmeal from breakfast has made such a difference.  I do track the minimum carbs that are in foods in general.  Last night I enjoyed bacon with cream cheese on lettuce.  Quite tasty.  Tonight might be salmon if it is thawed by the time I get home, otherwise, I will have to make a big salad with shrimp.  Time will tell.  What I can tell you is that while I may be feeling better it does not stop me from doing stupid things like yesterday I was bending down and twisting getting distilled water for my CPAP and sneezed.  Sure enough, I jarred something and oh my lower back.  Thankful that three aspirin and a heating pad made it a whole lot better, but still a bit painful.

Today is both Friday the 13th and also Yom Kippur.  Talk about an interesting combination there.  I somehow feel I can steer clear of walking under ladders and confronting black cats.  No mirrors to worry about me thinks, but I know a lot of Jewish people so perhaps I should send out a message of acknowledgement.  But it is a rather solemn day.  So on that note, I wish you all a good weekend and here is looking to a better week next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment