Sunday, September 1, 2013

New Orelan's Adventure Continues

After hearing from a couple of people I realized that I totally space sharing our Friday in the city.  Well, it was a day of hoping the St. Charles streetcar and riding it out to the garden district.  By the time we got to the end of the line I was a dripping mess.  No AC on the streetcars and it was humid and hot.  Yes, sounding like a broken record some, but seriously it is nasty.  Thank goodness I packed a lot of extra clothes.

Took a cold shower upon return, but Damon decided he needed to see The French Quarter and off he went to explore.  At least he did it during daylight hours.  We met up for dinner and it was a very pleasant Friday night.  Now I do believe I shared all about Saturday and so now there is today.  We are up and have had breakfast downstairs - a bit more traditional this day - and will soon be off on our Plantation tour.  I am quite excited about this as it is something that I fondly remember from my former visits.  We are being picked up at the hotel in about an hour and then off we go.  We are taking the Oak Alley Plantation Tour. 
Their material says - The Oak Alley Plantation Tour from New Orleans takes you back in time. Feel the gentle breeze of southern hospitality on a tour that takes you back to a time of mint juleps, gracious living and the glory of the Old South.  Experience a bygone era in one of the South's most beautiful settings - Oak Alley Plantation, built in 1839. Marvel at the unbelievable view of a quarter-mile long alley of 28 magnificent oak trees, each over 250 years old. Listen to fascinating and amusing stories of the home and its history, presented by your professional guide.

I do believe we will be stopping at two other plantations before returning to the hotel around 5pm.  Depending on how I feel I might update this posting or just save some comments for tomorrow.  Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment