Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Plans Change - But Often For The Better

Last night I was not feeling that ambitious so I made a green bean salad with slivered almonds. Quite tasty. Was craving veggies. Have to say I am counting the days until Damon arrives. But, his visit might be a tad different than originally planned. He found out over the weekend that he may have worked out a barter on computer work in exchange for Lasik Surgery. He will know more this Thursday. It is an amazing opportunity and I told him to go for it. So he is going to be here September 27 - October 21 and then likely return near Thanksgiving and stay into the new year. Will share more as I know more.

I have recovered from the trip and all the heat and humidity. It was wonderful to have all the rain last week and the past four mornings we have had a lot of fog which is heavenly. Today through the weekend we are suppose to have temps warmer than usual, but still cooler than what we had in NOLA. I am so excited that autumn is here in less than two weeks. Granted, it does not mean we will instantly be cooled off, but at least now the Sun is setting earlier and rising later so I am a happy camper.

While I enjoyed the country style pork ribs I made for dinner on Sunday, I want to see about trying some new recipes.  Have a chunk of salmon that is screaming to be used and so will play with that this week.  Still pondering what I will have for dinner tonight, thinking a nice lettuce salad with shrimp and cheese.  Simple and the whole kitchen will not get too hot as we will be in the upper 80's today.  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment