Monday, June 25, 2012

10 Day Countdown Begins

One of my favorite days of the year is 4th of July.  For those that do not know I just love fireworks and there are some amazing displays around the Seattle area to be enjoyed.  Last year, Markie hosted a bar-b-que down at his place in Southpark where there were so many fireworks being set off, it was deaffening to be sure.  I made my way home soon enough to watch the big displays on TV.  Macy's in New York City on the Hudson River and the wonderful display on Lake Union.
Back in 2008 Curtis and I had a unique opportunity to utilize a small private yacht.  We gathered 38 or so people and it was off to enjoy drinks, dinner and a night that would not soon be forgotten.  The picture above and below are from that year.  Yes, I have been quick lucky in life.

This year for the holiday, I think I may just stay in and relax and watch the two big displays on TV and avoid the crowds.  By the way, Bravo to Starbuck's for stepping up as the presenting sponsor this year.  All the more reason to have a iced coffee one of these days soon.  May do a good old fashion hamburger and just pause and say "Happy 236th Birthday America!"

No comments:

Post a Comment