Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Good-bye spring - Hello Olympics

And hello summer!  Yes, it arrives tomorrow at 4pm pacific time.  Many of you know that summer is not my favorite time of year.  I get through it.  But sunflowers are a bright moment of the season.  I really liked this image when I was looking for something to say summer-hello to me.  The air conditioner will be cranking more and I shall count the days until autumn arrives.  My first goal is to get to 4th of July.  That's easy, just a few days away.  Then it is a long dry spell until Labor Day Weekend. 

This year though, it will be different as there is a break in store for me that has me down right giddy!  Yes, I am talking about the summer Olympics in London that kick off July 27th.  The opening ceremonies always are enjoyable and I do plan to watch them with all the anticipation one can.  No I do not plan to try and compare them with the Beijing opening ceremonies.  That would not be fair.

But I have to admit I really like the logo NBC came up with for the Olympics.  It is spot on.  I will likely have to go and find something online with the logo.  Such a sucker for that stuff.  And I will arrange my schedule to take in as much of the action as possible.  So if you do not reach me from July 27-August 12, you know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment