Saturday, June 23, 2012

Fabulous Saturday


Had no idea the day would turn out the way it did when I woke up at 4am this morning. I do that to catch the live feed of the "Today Show" on Channel 5. On Saturday and Sunday they air it live. Lester Holt (left) is just one of my favorite anchors and so any chance to see him, I take it.  Not to mention the days are just counting down to the Olympics coverage.  Do not know why, but when the opening ceremonie happen, I become obsessed with them and can't get enough.  I know exactly where I will be on July 27th as they begin in London. 

After that it was on to the kitchen and a breakfast of cheese and eggs with iced coffee.  Saturdays see me refilling the weekly pill tray so I can have some clue on what to take when.  Called in 4 perscriptions and then it was back to the living area to start working on sorting another box, this time a hat box that was filled with DVD's, CD's and photo CD's.  Mind you, I have been putting things in there for 7 years and do not remember the last time I took something out.  One notable had to be the Carly Simon CD I remember I had to get and yes, it was there and still had the original wrapper on it.  So now I am going to be putting the DVD's in the binders I have for my collection and download the photos to the computer.

A short nap happened and calls placed to Rob & Jodie, plus a nice conversation with Connie plus I got to see Tyler who stopped by for lunch and helped with a few chores around the apartment.  I am doing more and more and that feels good.  But there are some things I still need help with, like garbage and recycling plus pulling clothes out of the dryer.  A quiet evening is planned with some veggies for dinner and shrimp.  Tomorrow I am will be cooking dinner for Curtis and his partner Josh as a sort of kick off to Curtis' birthday week.  Steak, Asparagus, Deviled Eggs and Salad.  Oh, and roasted potatoes for them. 

As I close for the day, did you know that in 1860 the Secret Service was created on this date.  Who knew?  I sure didn't, but hey, always good to learn something new every day.  Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment