Saturday, June 30, 2012

A New Chapter Begins

Last year for my birthday, I got a fun chair made and it arrived in time to enjoy a couple of weeks before all hell broke loose and I ended up in the hospital.  It comes from a place called The Whole 9 Yards in Portland, Oregon.
I choose the fabric on the seat and back.  The designer, Amy Estrien, picked the other three fabrics, one of which you cannot see as it is on the back of the chair.  I use it every day to do my exercises.  So why bring it up?  Well, I had not mentioned it before and it got moved back to its' original location today.  This was another step in getting the apartment back to "normal" so to speak.

Over the last week a lot has been going on...some highlights:
Was taken off oxygen
Am 5 pounds short of losing a total of 200
Drove my car for the first time in months
Reorganized the hall closet
Took a real shower
Got rid of the wheelchair
Doing just about all the chores (except garbage/recycle)
Cooked both lunch and dinner on the stove/oven for myself
Wore real pants plus socks and shoes
Bought a new bed
Now the list is filled with a lot of milestones quite frankly, but the new bed is a huge leap forward in saying good-bye to weeks, nay months, of hospital like living and having that overcast of being sick lingering in the air.  It needed to change and change it did. 
You can see the new bed (mattress & box spring) in the background.  Decided it was ime for a whole new chapter, so invested in 2 sets of sheets and a new quilt.  Colorful and fun, but with the "Big Fun Chair" at the foot of the bed, there was a clash.  Thus, switched the two chairs back.  I am liking how the apartment is looking.  Fresh and cleaned up, but still needs a good airing to release that lingering medicmal smell out of here.  Oh the joys of recovery!

1 comment: