Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Back In The Saddle

So made it into the office this day and it has been non-stop. What's new? LOL! But I do plan to be headed home to put the foot up for a while. Needless to say, food was very low priority for me this weekend and so will be stopping to get some chicken to make a meal.  I was able to get by with some basic cooking, but a lot of the kitchen is still not unpacked yet.  It feels like I am on a camping trip in a way.

I am quite excited as tonight will be when I test out the Waste Valet for the first time.  From what I understand - you put out the black waste can and any recycling goes in these blue bags they provide.  This is done between 6-8pm.  Thereafter, it disappears at some point.  We shall see how it all works out.  I have not had that much garbage yet and all the boxes from the move are being broken down and returned to the office as they are file storage boxes, perfect size to move things.

My sister Janet arrived last night in Seattle with several colleagues as they are touring three schools this day to get ideas for their new lower school that is being planned.  It is good that they felt that the teachers should have a say in the design and not just left to the architects, etc.  They had some challenges finding the motel last night due to GPS sending them in circles, but I was able to assist a bit.  This morning they are going to one of my favorite breakfast places in the city - Glo's!  It is a small place up on Capital Hill and my friend Michael swear their Eggs Florentine is the best anywhere.  He has it every time he can when in town.  I love their lemon curd pancakes and have great old fashion hash browns!  Click here to jump to their website. 

Tonight will be quite low key even though I wish to get back to unpacking, but the foot is telling me otherwise and I have this feeling it is best to listen to it.  So for now I shall bow out and wish you all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment