Monday, April 29, 2013

Turkey On My Mind

Back in 2004 a dear friend of mine, Ani out of California, had me join her in Turkey for a trip to review her book that has since been published.  "Sinan Diaryz - A Walking Tour of Mimar Sinan's Monuments" was the result and still holds a special place in my heart.  For the past 10 days I have been following a journey on facebook.
This is Michael and Leo who are dear friends out of Portland.  They are currently touring throughout Turkey and it has been a joy to follow their journey.  The pictures posted on facebook have brought back some wonderful memories.  We do not see each other nearly enough.  Last year, when I was in the hospital they were so nice to come up for a visit.  They felt the need for me to have music and got me Adele's CD that was so popular at the time.  I listened to that thing over and over and it did help.  Thanks guys for the memories on both sides of the Atlantic!

No comments:

Post a Comment