Friday, April 12, 2013

Notations On The New Place

Yes the weekend is within sight and I can only state it cannot be here too soon. It has been a rough week and so glad I will be able to have time to breath and continue on my quest to get things put away. Yesterday I was able to get the breakfast counter cleared and that was a positive step forward. The weather is not suppose to be the best this weekend and that will be a good incentive for me to keep plugging along on the project. The good thing is that once it is done, it is done I don't have to unpack over and over again.

The interesting thing thus far has been about storage. There is actually less storage now than what I had at the old place. This can be seen as a good thing or a bad thing. I opt for the former. It makes me be smarter about what I plan to keep around the place as I move forward. I have mentioned that I have been on purging spree and that will continue as I open more boxes and see that there are items that I just do not need any longer. I was amazed at how many separate items got moved and to think I had been letting go of things for the past 5 years if not longer. There is a simpleness in my bedroom right now that I want to maintain. In fact, I am seeing it in the kitchen as well. Now it needs to progress to the main living space.

With the new place there are several things that I have to say is a lot nicer. First up is ease of finding a parking space each evening. What a difference from the old place. No more fighting with shoppers to snag a spot. Next is the waste issue. Just putting the container outside my door any evening from Sunday through Thursday is a real treat and makes life a lot more simple. I enjoy having the balcony and even there I want to be sure to keep it simple and not overdo as is easy to do when you have a new space like that.

Thus, I want to wish one and all a very happy weekend and know that I will continue to keep you posted on the various comings and goings as I settle into the new place.  To date the biggest change has been leaving about 15 minutes earlier for work, but that is really not all that bad.  I will share though that once I get in for the night, I am seeing that I have no desire to go back out, but this will likely change once all the settling is done.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment